Part of my resolution this year was to learn to bake a new pie each month. Yeah, yeah, but where are January and February’s pies? Due to maternity leave with a newborn, my resolutions didn’t start until March, thankyouverymuch. (I’ll catch up eventually to have 12 total. Don’t you worry.)
For my first pie (fitting to share the recipe on Pi Day) I’ll be sharing my take on Cinnamon Cheesecake Sopapilla Pie.
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- honey to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a pie dish.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Open and flatten both cans of crescent rolls. Spread one into the bottom of the pie dish. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture on top, then cover with the remaining crescent roll.
- Stir together the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon. Evenly pour the mixture on top of the pie.
- Bake the pie in the oven for about 35 minutes. The dough should be slightly puffy.
- Remove from the oven and add the honey drizzle to your taste.