Back again for some more updates… If you can’t tell by the symbolic rainbow in my title this month, allow me to spell it out for you:
S O M U C H B E T T E R
I found this funny picture of me from a vacation to Tybee Island last year as a pretty accurate depiction of how I WAS feeling before:
But NOW… Man, it’s a different story!
They weren’t lying about the second trimester being the best. Overnight last week, I could feel my mood sway dramatically into incredibly alert happiness. No longer am I falling asleep at 8:00pm. Now, when I come home I go right to work on what is to be our future nursery. Last week I was a productive, nesting machine:
- I cleaned out Baby’s future closet. (He or she will need that space, if they’re anything like Mommy.)
- I randomly remembered some wedding thank-you’s that were never sent, and mailed those out. (Pretty impressive considering my spreadsheet of gifts and addresses was completely lost when my computer crashed.)
- I successfully transformed our office into our office/guest bedroom combo. (At least… I got it started. There’s still a lot of work to be done!)
- I visited 1 day care and made appointments at 2 others, one of which I’ll see today. (Yay!)
- I grocery shopped, which I had not done in a while because I was being a lazy grouch.
- I emailed with some out-of-town girlfriends and got all caught up. (This was long over due.)
- I did laundry and some house cleaning.
- I planted a veggie and herb garden. (We had a little cold pop though, so I think my tomatoes are done-zo, but the herbs are still kickin!)
- I read a few chapters in my latest Mom-prep stack of books: Baby Wise. This one promises a sleep-through-the-night baby at no more than a month. (Psh. We’ll see.)
- I did a lot of maternity shopping with Goose and finally had a little luck! Finally. I mean, this was really needed and majorly boosted my confidence.
- I am ready to present my first Maternity Outfit of the Day. (We’ll call these, MOODs.)
Speaking of MOODS, mine has just vastly improved. With this jolt of new energy, I find myself motivated to do things, whatever they may be. That, in turn, is leaving me feeling accomplished and proud and like I can do anything. Soon, like within the week, we’ll know if we’re having a boy or a girl, and that will just leave me feeling even more connected to this little baby. So, here we go, my first MOOD:
Linen Jacket: Mine, TJ Maxx
Trapeze Dress: Xhiliration, Target
Bubble Necklace: Gift, c/o Queenie
Sandals: Mossimo Audrey Sandals, Target
Platforms: MIA, Nordstrom
Rose gold Watch: Cherry Bomb, ATL
I did change from the platforms to flats after work because this was the day that I had an appointment at a day care/preschool and I wanted to be able to walk through it comfortably and preferably without falling onto someone else’s toddler. (Yikes!)