I was coordinating with Bear about dinner today and he decided against the buffalo turkey burgers I had in mind. We landed on something Italian instead.
I found the idea from Pinterest, per usual, but the internet wouldn’t work on my computer when I got home, so I had to improvise. (Even now, I’m writing this from Bear’s computer… Not sure what’s up with mine. Will look into that later.)
So, here’s what I did… Fair warning though: I didn’t do any measurements, so this isn’t exact.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 medium sized egg
- breadcrumbs (maybe about 1/4 cup)
- grated Parm (maybe 1/4 cup)
- basil paste (1 tsp)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- hamburger buns
- mozzarella cheese
- marinara sauce (of your choosing)
- Mix the chicken, egg, spices, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan in a mixing bowl with your hands. Roll into balls (just smaller than a baseball) and flatten out. Yes, like a burger patty.
- Pour a little olive oil into frying pan and place two patties on pan. Cook on medium for 2-3 minutes per side. Once crispy and brown, remove and set aside.
- Warm the marinara in a sauce pan. I just reheated some leftover spaghetti sauce. It took less than a minute.
- Place mozzarella cheese on the bottom bun, then top with the hot patty. Pour a generous spoonful of the marinara over the chicken burger. Sprinkle with a little more cheese if you choose. (Bear elected for more cheese.)