Ok, so let me warn you, this isn’t the healthiest recipe. But… We splurge
every now and then more often than we should. No compromise needed for this one. Bear and I both love, love, love buffalo wings, so when I saw a recipe for buffalo chicken pasta casserole on Pinterest, I had to try it out. The recipe looked easy enough but I didn’t follow it to a T, so here’s MY version of this delicious dish.
– 2/3 cup lite ranch dressing
– 2/3 buffalo wing sauce (I used mild and it’s still pretty spicy, just like we like it!)
– bleu cheese crumbles (Use as much as you are comfortable with. In my opinion, bleu cheese can take a hard left and go bad with the quickness if it’s over used, so I was conservative with it.)
– a rotissiere chicken (I went the typical Hunny way and just picked up a pre-cooked one on way home from work.)
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 box penne noodles
Guys, this is SOOO easy!
– First, get that oven preheated to 350. While it’s warming, start boiling that pasta per the package instructions. (I told you, this is easy.)
– Mix together the ranch and the buffalo sauce in a bowl. (I used one of those larger measuring cups and just kept them in there until the pasta and chicken were ready.) As the pasta continued to boil I shredded up the chicken meat. I actually prefer shreds of chicken rather than cubed chunks, so you have to do this part by hand. It feels pretty yucky, but it doesn’t take long.
– When the pasta is done, add everything you’ve got (except the bleu cheese) into a big mixing bowl and stir until everything is covered in that delicious, tangy sauce. Add the glorious mixture to a casserole dish and sprinkle a little extra cheddar and the bleu cheese crumbles to the top.
– Pop in the over for 20-25 minutes, and VOILA: You’ve got yourself a meal in seriously no more than 35 minutes!
Ummm, the results were two completely stuffed-to-the-brim people who really enjoyed their Thursday night splurge. I’m definitely adding this one into my recipe arsenal. It was so delicious and filling!